developerWorks Webcast Recap – Open Container Initiative at 12 months
Last month, the Open Container Initiative (OCI) was the featured topic of one of IBM’s developerWorks Open Tech Talks. Nearly 1,400 participants joined the live webcast to hear panelists from Docker, Red Hat, Microsoft, The Linux Foundation and IBM discuss the OCI’s activities, tools and goals after one year.
Technical leaders of OCI discussed topics including:
- The progress the OCI has made over the last 12 months
- The latest state of the runtime and image format specifications
- Open source code that is available for reference implementation and tooling
- The organizational structure of the OCI and opportunities to get involved with the community
- An overview of the certification working group and the value in a certification program focused on the OCI runtime spec
- The key factors for establishing a certification program for container technology
The webcast also included a brief demo of OCI tooling (including runc), followed by an open Q&A with attendees.
A video of the webcast along with the slides presented and a full transcript are available online for those who were unable to make it!